BladeSystem - General
1752800 Members
5515 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

BL685c G7 in C7000 Firmware Maintenance DVD 9.30 for Windows OS only shows LINUX Bundles to Update

oldorange1

BL685c G7 in C7000 Firmware Maintenance DVD 9.30 for Windows OS only shows LINUX Bundles to Update

I have this problem often when booting systems with the DVD and selecting Interactive Update, it only gives me three linux bundles to install. No windows bundles.

this time it is my BL685c G7 in a C7000 chassis using Firmware Maintenance DVD 9.30. The OS is 2008 Server Windows R2 SP1.

If I let the FW Maint DVD do Automatic Update, it starts to install and then says there is 1191 hours left before the update completes.  I don't have that kinda time on my hands right now....

Have seen this so many times on other systems and FW update versions I'm surprised it is not an easily searched for and found problem with others too.

1 REPLY 1
gregersenj
Honored Contributor

Re: BL685c G7 in C7000 Firmware Maintenance DVD 9.30 for Windows OS only shows LINUX Bundles to Upda

When You boot on the FW DVD, it is running Linux.

The OS installed on the server does not matter, since you are running off-line upgrade.

Also, if you need/want to add extra FW/BIOS to the DVD, it must be the linux components for the off-line upgrade.

I have also seen this 1192 hours.

Don't panic. It appear to me, that the upgrade can't calculate the expectet upgrade time.

It only take a few minutes.

The longest time I have ever seen is app. 30 minutes, on some DL380 G6's, with 8 disks and FW DVD 9.10.

I believe it is the HDD FW, that it can't predict.

I did upgrade some 685 G5's a few weeks ago, using 9.30. And got this long time prediction. It took 2 - 3 minutes.

BR

/jag

Accept or Kudo