1752808 Members
6506 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BL685c will not boot - flashing red health led

Troeh
Occasional Advisor

BL685c will not boot - flashing red health led

I am currently having an issue with a BL685c that will not boot. After inserting the blade, the health led flashes red and the server will not boot. I believe this is being caused by a ROM version mismatch. The blade I inserted is running ROM version A08 12/02/2006. My other blades in the chassis are running A08 04/05/2007. My OA is running 2.12. Does anyone know of a way to flash the ROM when I can't even boot to POST, let alone a CD or USB drive?
6 REPLIES 6
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

If you have red LED it doesnot look like a firmware problem.

The best thing to do is to log into the OA and then to point to the ILO of the blade, then check the integrated management lo - you should be able to see the message.
It could be wrong inserted ram, faulty ram, faulty cpu, or maybe a system board... IML should show you :)
Troeh
Occasional Advisor

I have checked the IML and this is the only message. "Server Blade Enclosure LAN Settings Changed (Enclosure Serial Number xxxxxxxx). Everything is showing up green and healthy in OA and through the ILO.
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

It can be older iLO2 FW version, which is not compatible with OA. If you have ilo access you can update its FW from there.

If it is an initial deployment, try minimal configuration(at least take all mezannines out) and reseat the components.

You can clear NVRAM(switch on sysbd) and try.

Pac
TRS
Frequent Advisor

first clear nv ram.if problem not solve then try with minimum ram modules.then single cpu.

go step by stap.
Puarly it is hardware failuer.
Troeh
Occasional Advisor

I ended up replacing the system board.
Troeh
Occasional Advisor

Replaced system board