108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BL860c PCI-Expansion blade

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mouis Yafeh xhp
Occasional Contributor

BL860c PCI-Expansion blade

Is PCI-Expansion Blade supported with BL860c and PCI-e Mezz. passthrough card? I only see SB40c listed in QS. HP-UX is the OS.

The need is to have an PCI-X card in the PCI-epansion blade connected to the BL860c.
4 REPLIES 4
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

In the below text they mention that PCI Blade is supported with Full height servers which include BL860 also.

Yes you are right the Quick specs of the Blade shows SB40c only it even doesn;t show
SB 920c which is later version for same.
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/storageworks/sb920c/specs.html?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

PCI Express Mezzanine Pass-Thru card
NOTE: The use of the PCI Expansion Blade with a full-height server blade requires the
purchase of one (1) PCI Express Mezzanine Pass-Thru card for each server blade. This
option is not needed for half-height server blades.

Regards,
Raghuarch
rick jones
Honored Contributor
Solution

I don't recall hearing anything about the PCI expansion blade being supported with the Integrity blades at this time. Of course I could be wrong.

Let's back up a step or two - what sort of PCI-X card do you want to have connected to the BL860c?
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows
Mouis Yafeh xhp
Occasional Contributor

Thank you to both. Sometime when the documentation is not complete, one can guess that HP is just behind. However, when it involves integrity servers, One needs to be more careful. So I hope that a real authority can reply of PCI-Extension is supported with the BL860c.

As for the PCI-X card, I need J3525,A 2-port Programmable Serial Interface (PSI), X.25/Frame Relay/SDLC
rick jones
Honored Contributor

Ah, good - well at least I was afraid you wanted to put something like a 10Gig Ethernet NIC out there :)

I'm still trying to find some official word about the PCI expansion and the Integrity Blades.
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows