1748182 Members
3524 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BL870C Network

subashbl870
Regular Advisor

BL870C Network

We have hp bl870c server .It have 4 network card different ip adderss but same subnet mast we got a one error msg like A duplicate name has been detected on the TCP network. The IP address of the machine that sent the message is in the data. Use nbtstat -n in a command window to see which name is in the Conflict state.

2 REPLIES 2
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

You're using some version of Windows, I assume?

As it says, you have a duplicate _name_, not a duplicate _address_.

In other words, two different servers may be using the same Computer Name (Control Panel -> System -> Computer Name). You can't have two computers with the same name in the same domain/workgroup.

Use the command listed in the error message (nbtstat -n) to identify the name that has "Conflict" in the status field.

You can also find the IP address of the conflicting server by looking at the data field of the error message in the Event Log.

MK
MK
subashbl870
Regular Advisor

thanks- you for replay. sir we are using windows 2008 server 64bit BL870C SERVER.
WE ARE using MS DTC SQL clustering . so we are using 4 network card. but same System name.
i had viewed my domain server DNS. Address.it have 4 network cards have Same System Name..
how can i slove this problem sir.