1748089 Members
4798 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Bays conflect

fuad_2

Bays conflect

i have two Enclosures and i have a RDP server to manage blades but i have conflect between bay one from enclosure one and bay one from enclosure two.
2 REPLIES 2
aboerup
Frequent Advisor

Try setting up your rack name and enclosure name in your enclosure Onboard Administrator.

I'm doing an install right now of two C7000 enclosures each with 6 identical 465c servers booting off one loaded MSA1000 and RDP can identify all of the servers properly no problem.

I believe RDP uses Rack name and Enclosure name to properly identify the physical device.

The only time I've seen a problem with RDP not identifying a server properly was when the HP NIC teaming was enabled during an image cloning and deployment and the MAC addresses ended up being the same.
The MAC address in the HP NIC team is a software value and will get carried over if it is enabled when you use RDP to capture and deploy an image. Fortunately this is an easy fix, just go into HP Network manager, go to settings and click 'use default' next to MAC address. Then they will all show up in RDP properly.
Steve Hobday

To to add to the first response. You set the the rack/enclosure names via the iLO on the first blade in the enclosure.