1753563 Members
5763 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Blade 20p-class G4 enclose ILO connectivity Problem

Asim_5
Frequent Advisor

Blade 20p-class G4 enclose ILO connectivity Problem

i have a very serious concern abt the enhanced p-class enclosure.
i have configured ILO ips on each server and Enclosure Back ILO cable is connected to other network switch outside Rack.
Now issue is every ILO ip is accessble from outside network with properly PING responce.
As soon as i connect console cable in front of any P-class blade server the communication will block and ping from external source is stopped.but when i remove consolve cable,ping start responding properly again to normal.
Enclosure have 2 GBE2 switch on both ends with 19,20,21,22 and 2 front 23,24 ports on both end back of switch.
Switch end settings are at default.now why this problem is happening it really irritate me a lot.
I used to connect by DEFAult ip 192.168.1.1 and given ILO configured iP it respond the same way.
4 REPLIES 4
HEM_2
Honored Contributor

That is normal behavior. When you plug in the console cable to the front of the blade it disables the NIC that connects through the mgmt module.

In fact, I think there is a tag or label on the console cable that describes that behavior.
Asim_5
Frequent Advisor

perhpahs u didnot get my point.i asked the network is affected or external uplink ports stops responding when front console attach.
Normally it wont happend in other enclosures when we connect console cables in front.

If by front console ur network down then how come you maintain your system in time of any emergency.
Jeff Allen_5
Valued Contributor

The bahavior you describe is normal. Only iLO loses it's connection when you attach the dongle cable in front. iLO has only one IP stack/interface. If the dongle is attached and a live network conenction is plugged to the fron "iLO" port, it brings down the iLO ip stack on the "rear" portion of that one blade and uses the connection in the front.
Jeff Allen_5
Valued Contributor

The bahavior you describe is normal. Only iLO loses it's connection when you attach the dongle cable in front. iLO has only one IP stack/interface. If the dongle is attached and a live network conenction is plugged to the fron "iLO" port, it brings down the iLO ip stack on the "rear" portion of that one blade and uses the connection in the front. The blade network ports stay on the network during this time.