Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blade Firmware update problem

Lior Weinstein
Occasional Visitor

Blade Firmware update problem

Hi,

I have c7000 Blade .
I upgrade all the server ilo to 1.70 version.
Then I upgrade the Enclosure firmware from 2.25 to 2.41,
Now when I logged in the the blade console i can not see the front view ( all the device bays ).

How can I fix this problem.

When i try to do OA reset, i can see the device bays for few seconds, and then it disapear again.

Any idea ?

Thanks,

P.S.
I attached a screen shot of the console.
6 REPLIES
DSingh
Advisor

Re: Blade Firmware update problem

SUPPORT COMMUNICATION - CUSTOMER ADVISORY
Document ID: c01077618

Version: 1

Advisory: HP BladeSystem c-Class Onboard Administrator GUI May Not Load Correctly After Upgrading Firmware
NOTICE: The information in this document, including products and software versions, is current as of the Release Date. This document is subject to change without notice.
Release Date: 2007-06-12

Last Updated: 2007-06-12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DESCRIPTION
The HP BladeSystem c-Class Onboard Administrator GUI may display transform errors, JavaScript errors, or blank web pages when first logging in after upgrading the Onboard Administrator firmware. The following are examples of these errors and conditions:

Red-colored Transform Error messages may appear with a warning icon.
The Rack Overview page and left-side navigation tree may be completely or partially blank.
JavaScript errors may appear when all (or parts) of the GUI load incorrectly or incompletely.
This occurs because the Onboard Administrator firmware does not function correctly with certain files loaded from the browser cache.

SCOPE
Any version of the HP BladeSystem c-Class Onboard Administrator GUI running under any supported operating system and browser software.

RESOLUTION
To recover the Onboard Administrator GUI when this occurs, clear the browser cache and refresh the GUI web page. If this does not recover the GUI, close and reopen the browser then reload the Onboard Administrator GUI. The Onboard Administrator GUI should function correctly from this point.

HP is planning to correct the errors and blank web pages in a future version of Onboard Administrator. When more information becomes available, this advisory will be updated.
Lior Weinstein
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I cleared the cache in my browser, and also try to open the c7000 console in few other computers - same thing.

I don't know what to do, looking for an answer to resolve this issue.

I think about downgrade the firmware ?!

any recommands ?

Thanks,
DSingh
Advisor

Yes, U can try downgrading the firmware
It should work
Lior Weinstein
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

How should I run the downgrade ?

Is there any way to backup all the settings ?
I read that downgrade delete the settings.

Thanks
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Downgrading the firmware should not cause you to lose your settings.

To backup your OA config, select Enclosure Information - Enclosure Settings- Configuration Scripts. Select the option for the OA configuration (not inventory). Save this text file - this is your backup.

Then under the Active Onboard Administrator, use the Firmware Update and check the box to allow a downgrade. Then browse to the OA 2.32 you have saved locally and do the firmware downgrade.
Lior Weinstein
Occasional Visitor

Thanks a lot, this works good, and all the settings saved.