5451 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Blade Server Novice

SOLVED
Go to solution
Paul Stanford

Blade Server Novice

I am new to the organization and have inherited BL400C servers running Windows 2003. How do I connect to it. IP Address, Config info, and Admin password went out of the door with the old Admin fella.

I need to connect to see if I can in via backdoor or use utilities to resent Admin password.
4 REPLIES 4
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Blade Server Novice

Hi, I don't know about how to reset the blade's password to the OS that is installed on it.

The Onboard Administrator (OA) can be reset however.
The OA is used to manage the enclosure. In there you can find the IP etc to the blades. When in there you can get a "remote desktop" access to the blade through a web browser.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=115&prodSeriesId=1844065&prodTypeId=329290&objectID=c01115866

See this link for how to reset the password for it.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Also, as you're new on the forum don't forget about points :)
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

Hi Paul,

After you get the Administrator password (keep in mind that the username is case-sensitive as well), you will need the IP address of the Active Onboard Administrator in order to connect and configure the enclosure.

To get this IP, simply use the Insight Display module connected to the front of the enclosure and visit:
Enclosure Settings > OA1 Info

to get the IP. Enter this into a browser or via a telnet/SSH to configure the enclosure. For blades themselves, you can click the blade from the OA GUI, then choose the iLO link.

Good luck!
Paul Stanford

Thanks. Wil ltry your recommendations and keep you posted!!