5038 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Blade Server Problem

barhooM
Occasional Contributor

Blade Server Problem

hi dears

we have a c7000 enclosure holds about 7 blade servers, one of them can not powered on, it stays on standby mode (off) . even if i pull it out of the enclosure and insert it back. i used the on board administrator, its staus is ok, and has its the ip address and port mapping as well, also virtual connection is ok.

even if i hold the mendatory press or physical power button, the server does not respond.

we have  data on the internal server hardisk.

can any one help for how to make this server response or sort this problem out.

i appriciate your help in advance

regards

6 REPLIES 6
Psychonaut
Respected Contributor

Is the standby light orange?  Have you tried a different slot?  Is there any warnings in the OA about chassis power?

barhooM
Occasional Contributor

the power bottun is Orange, and yes i have tried ,it is the same situation , the power status in OA is off.
Psychonaut
Respected Contributor

Actually I meant is there something in the OA logs saying that there is a power issue or restiriction that is not allowing you to power that one on?  If there is nothing there I would guess there is a MoBo problem.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Check if still power available for another server. I remember a bad ILO firmware that reports too much power consumption - hence you cannot power all servers. Check your ILO versions!

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
barhooM
Occasional Contributor

the blade model is (HP ProLiant BL460c G1) enclosure c7000, the power managment is configured in a dynemic power, and it states that  (Present Power 1114 Watts AC, Power Limit 5472 Watts AC). also the entire power supplies in the enclosure are OK. (on or two of them are in standby mode which respose to any power request automatecally)..

I have tried to isert that blade server instead of another blade server location which is working properly, the last one is went to the same state of the former one. 

the iOL version is 2.

what i think is that while the firmware of the enclosure is more than two years old and it needs to be updated , do you think is this causes the issue. or the enclosure can work properly.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

latest iLO version is 2.07

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=3709945&prodSeriesId=1842750&prodNameId=3288156&swEnvOID=4095&swLang=8&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-ea76ec60fc17482b93848c41a4&mode=3

Check what versions are running.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!