3888 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Blade System Module

Mark69
Occasional Advisor

Blade System Module

Hi

I have a Blade system C7000 with 2 HP VC Flex-10 Enet Modules installed and I also need to install the same set up but with copper connections.

Any Ideas what Card I will need to do this?

Any advice much appreciated

6 REPLIES 6
Mark69
Occasional Advisor

Will a HP 1/10Gb Virtual Connect Ethernet Module for c-Class BladeSystem allow me standard cable connections to the blade system?

Albert3009
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

assuming, you talk about "HPE Virtual Connect Flex-10/10D Module", you can use "HP BladeSystem c-Class Virtual Connect 1G SFP RJ-45 Transceiver 453154-B21" for 1G uplinks

/br

Albert

Mark69
Occasional Advisor

I need to connect the blade system to a firewall using RJ45 so I'm guessing the a HP 1/10Gb Virtual Connect Ethernet Module for c-Class BladeSystem will do the job and then if I need any more RJ45 connections I can use the other ports on the module ?

Mark69
Occasional Advisor

Hi 

Can I use a HP 1/10Gb Virtual Connect Ethernet Module - expansion module - 8 ports to connect the bladesystem to a switch or firewall with RJ45 connections?

Thaks for the advice.

Mark69
Occasional Advisor

Hi

Can I use the HP 1/10Gb Virtual Connect Ethernet Module - expansion module - 8 port just to give my blade system another 8 RJ45 connections to a LAN?

I don't want to purchase the wrong module so any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

peyrache
Respected Contributor

hello

shall you HPE reference (product number)

also a litle picture of what you want to do

thanks

JY