New Discussion юеВ

Re: Blade fw upgrade gone wrong...

SOLVED
Go to solution
Zigoze
Honored Contributor

Blade fw upgrade gone wrong...

Hi gurus,

We tried to perform a firmware upgrade on a BL465c blade but it failed half way...

Now, when we put the blade in our C7000 blade enclosure, it gives an error, and states the blade as "Unknown".

It is not even possible to turn on the blade, as pressing the on button phisically on the blade does not power it up either...

We already upgraded the Onboard Administrator modules to the latest version (3.20) also, so it is not a problem of old OA fw.

Does anyone know how to solve this?... Is there any way of reseting the blade so that it can be started?
6 REPLIES 6
Ugo Bellavance (ATQ)
Frequent Advisor

Shouldn't you place a service call at HP? I guess it is probably under warranty right?
Zigoze
Honored Contributor

No, it isn't... it is a very old system that we just use for testing environment.

So, we do not have any way of logging a support call.

This is why i'm kindly requesting any help on this issue through this channel...
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Hello, Zigoze,

Most probably the update of the ILO FW failed. Usually the system board should be replaced...

There is a procedure for the G7 Servers. I doubt that it will help you (it's the second link)... There's a customer advisory stating that you should call HP support, which 99% means replacement within the warranty (which in your case won't be possible, unfortunately).

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01850906

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c02498232тМй=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=4154735&prodTypeId=18964

Good luck, mate! Drop a line as soon as you have any result.
Zigoze
Honored Contributor

Thank you a lot for the links...

I'll try the procedure you mention for the G7 servers... hope it works...
Woosha
Advisor

You could try resetting it by SSH
via Putty to OA ip address
Login and type:
RESET SERVER N
Where N = Bay number.

Worth a try.
Zigoze
Honored Contributor

Unfortunatelly none of these solutions can be applied... As the Blade Enclosure rejects the blade, it doesn't even power on... so we cannot try any way to reinstall the fw... oh well... one blade to the trash...

Thank you anyway to those who tried to help.