New Discussion

Blade iLO IP not changing to match EBIPA

SOLVED
Go to solution
dceola
Occasional Visitor

Blade iLO IP not changing to match EBIPA

Hello - 

I've added two new blades to my C3000 chassis today, and they are not updating their iLO IP address to match the EBIPA settings.  Due to this, I am unable to access the iLO interface for the blade for either remote console or web management interface.

I've got OA version 4.5; the blade in question is a BL460c G7. I have 4 of these blades and so far 2 are acting similarly.

My iLO is at 192.168.22.14 with EBIPA rules set for 192.168.22.2-9 for the 8 bays.  The blade in question shows the current address is 10.0.21.194

What are my options for getting this IP updated?  I didn't see any iLO management options during bios POST.

1 REPLY 1
dceola
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Re: Blade iLO IP not changing to match EBIPA

So I got this fixed.

What I ended up doing was setting the OA IP to be in the same subnet range that the blade was set to (in this instance, 10.0.21.0).  I then set my laptop to be in the same subnet range; logged into the OA and was then able to get into the Blade's iLO web management.  From there, I found that the iLO was set to 'static IP'; I changed it all do dhcp, reset the iLO and then it took the IP the OA's EBIPA was trying to hand out.