New Discussion юеВ

Blade nubie - question about dual-OA

SOLVED
Go to solution
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Blade nubie - question about dual-OA

Hi,

We are setting up our first blade system. They came fully loaded with 2 Onboard Administrators in each enclosure.

Do I assign a unique IP address and DNS name to each OA in the bottom enclosure? Or do I give both the same IP and DNS name and then they (almost like a Windows cluster) magically determine who currently owns the "resources" and only that devices talks on that IP. If it fails then the second OA takes ownership of the IP and DNS name.

Also, for the enclosures above my first, they also have 2 OAs in them. I am assuming I use the uplink/downlink connections to link them to the bottom enclosure. But how does that work if they have 2 OAs in them as well. I am only connecting one uplink cable, so how does that feed both OAs?

I looked through the HP setup PDF, but I could find no reference to 2 OAs - just the simple setup with 1 OA.

Thanks
Nelson
2 REPLIES 2
JKytsi
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Blade nubie - question about dual-OA

Hi,
You give unique IPs/names for both OAs

link cable enables You to login "both" enclosures OAs at once and You can see the rack topology in OA (or in HP SIM). You still need separate connections to other enclosure OAs.
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Re: Blade nubie - question about dual-OA

Thank you sir!

Nelson