1752808 Members
5566 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Blade statuses showing up as [Unknown] in OA

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

Blade statuses showing up as [Unknown] in OA

I have a bl465c that is showing [Unknown] for the part number, serial number and ROM version under the information tab. It is also showing [Unknown] for ILO model and [Acquiring] for the ILO name. OA's are at firmware 2.25 and the blade itself has the latest firmware including 1.61 on the ILO. I've tried reseating the blade with no luck. I cannot launch a remote console session or open web admin for the ILO from within OA - get an error that 'Autologin failed'. I can access the ILO directly by ip address. This blade was just put back into service after sitting on a shelf for a couple of months. Prior to that it was installed in a different enclosure. Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Is the ilo IP static or DHCP?
if it is static Try to assign a different IP for the ILO form EBIPA page of OA.

Looks like ILo is not responding... Can you ping to the ILo IP?

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

I am using EBIPA. The ILo is responding - I can access it directly by name or ip address, just not via OA.
Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

I made the problem go away by disabling EBIPA for that server and giving its ILO a new, static ip address. After verifying that everything was working, I change ILO back to dhcp and re-enabled EBIPA for it. The [Unknown] statuses did not come back but the blade in OA has an informational indicator on it and the ILO Network status says "iLO network configuration problem, check connectivity to iLO default gateway". I've seen this before on other enclosures and the only way I could get it to consistently go away was to assign a static ip the ILO.
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Strange!!! unless you have a Duplicate IP for the ILo.
I have seen this when i had Duplicate IP in the Network. Able to access the ILo but directly but from OA it will fail.