108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Blade wont power on

SOLVED
Go to solution
Chris Coates_1
Advisor

Blade wont power on

Sometimes when a BL465 is restarted, it remains in Standby and wont power on through the IOLE.When I press the virtual power button, the server does not power on.
To get it to power on, I have to pull out the blade and reseat it. I have had this happen on several different blades in different enclosures. I need to know how to get them back up with out having to travel to unstaffed datacenters and pulling out the blade.
Thanks
Chris
7 REPLIES 7
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor
Solution

Access OA through CLI. Execute the command
RESET SERVER { }: Reset the server bay by momentarily removing all
power.
It is same as removing the Blade and Inserting.
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

We should try to figure out why some blades won't power on when requested. Can you provide the OA & iLO & BIOS revs? How many power supplies and are you configured in dynamic power saving mode?
Chris Coates_1
Advisor

Terri

The server is a BL465 G1.
The enclosure currently has 6 blades and is fully populated with power supplies.
The server ROM is A13 05/29/2008
The ILOE version is 1.61 Aug 31 2008
The OBA Firmware is 2.25.
Dynamic Power is enabled.

This occurred when the server was rebooted. It has been rebooted before with out this happening, but I have seen this same irregular power on issue on other blades in other enclosures.

Thanks

Chris
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Chris,

have a look at this customer advisory and check if it does not apply.
If the issue below is the one affecting your blade, then from the revisions of the f/w you listed it should have indicated it on the enclosure display....

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c01064842&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

HTH

Kris
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Looks like the advisory referenced in the previous posting applies if OA fw is only 2.01. Customer has 2.25.
Riks_2
Frequent Advisor

Any updates on this?
I am having the same issue at the moment.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Riks
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

I had this same problem on a BL460c. HP had to come out an replace the system board. My symptoms were 100% exactly as you described in your problem.

Nelson