108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: C-class OA USB and DVD

SOLVED
Go to solution
xxzab
Advisor

C-class OA USB and DVD

I have heard that the OA can now handle a USB DVD drive, I am at firmware 2.02 and I have a Sony DRX-S50U and the OA does not seem to see the Drive from the webpage. Anyone running in to this problem or am I missing a step?
23 REPLIES 23
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Hi xzab,

OA Doesn't Support Sony DRX-S50U USB drive.
its support is limited to some HP USB drives.

Regards,
Raghuarch
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello,

You can connect the USB dvd-drive to OA USB port and boot server from that media.Try mounting the DVD drive to servers with OA GUI or LCD screen.

I am sure u have connected it to the port which was under a sticker which reads "Reserved for future use".

USB DVD drive support for OA was included in firmware release 2.01;
refer:
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/revision/9694.html

2.02 is great & this will work;

If not possible, what is the error ??

Regards,
James.
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello,

The HP BladeSystem c3000 enclosure includes a DVD drive that is installed into the front of the enclosure,
while the c7000 provides an option for a DVD/CD-ROM driver that plugs into the rear of the enclosure.
The drive can be used by a single blade or by all blades simultaneously to perform software installations
and updates in the same way a standard DVD drive is used in a computer system.
The c3000 DVD drive is not "connected" to any blades in the enclosure after initial installation. To use the
DVD drive, an administrator must first "connect" the DVD drive to any or all blades through the Onboard
Administrator or by using the built-in Insight Display. From the blade's perspective, connecting the DVD
drive is analogous to connecting a USB DVD drive to the blade. A subsequent "detach" disconnects the
DVD drive from the USB bus.

Regards,
James.
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Please look at the ScreenShots;

Regards,
James.
xxzab
Advisor

I removed the sticker that was covering the USB port and I plugged in the DVD drive (that works from the front of the BL460c) and went to the GUI for the OA and tried to assign the DVD drive but it listed as no media present in drive, but there is a bootable cd in it. So that prevents me from assigning it.
xxzab
Advisor

I am using the c7000
xxzab
Advisor

screenshot
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Check if the iLO virtual media applet is in use, if so, there cant be a connection;
this must be disconnected before u enter GUI.

Regards,
James.
xxzab
Advisor

Noting is using the iOL virtual media on any of the blades that I can see