1748219 Members
4685 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: C-class enclosure not properly detected in SIM 5.1

CCalvin
Occasional Advisor

Problem solved, thanks to an escallation engineer. The issue was that somewhere in the configuration, an invalid character killed the processing of XML used during the identification process. In my instance, an ampersand (&) was in the display text of the enclosure lcd.

Apparently, a recent firmware update prohibits this character during input validation, but since our enclosure was originally configured a while ago, this was not in place. Removal of the character immediately allowed identification to succeed and has everything looking just as we would have expected.
Jim Casselman_2
Occasional Advisor

I issued the command https:///xmldata?item=all to retrieve the XML data from the c-Class OA. It reported a similar invalid character message as you experienced. HP field services replaced the system board weeks prior, though didn't enter the original system serial # into the RBSU, resulting in this XML error. We entered the correct serial # in the RBSU and we eliminated the following message, allowing us to discover the OA in SIM 5.1.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

CCalvin
Occasional Advisor

closed. Resolution above
murat bilal
Advisor

Hi CCAlvin,
How can you edit XML file and correct the problem.Can you help me?

Thanks