4216 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: C3000 Interconnect bay problem.

Gryan_1
Occasional Advisor

C3000 Interconnect bay problem.

Hi,Expert

I have one C3000 with only InterConnect Bay 1 and 4 half height blade installed. I see HP C3000 manual setup guide which show me that Interconnect bay 1 is mapping to Embedded NIC on all device bay. Is it right? The switch on InterConnect bay 1 has five ports with one port inserted. Does it mean that all embedded NIC ports on both device bay is connected. Now, I want to assign different IP segment to
embedded NIC of C3000's device bay. But the two embedded NIC ports of all device bays have been connected to the port which has a LAN cable inserted. Is it possible to assign different IP segment to embedded NIC ports of BLADE by inserting another LAN cable.
Pls Help
4 REPLIES 4
Clarete Riana
Valued Contributor

What kind of interconnect module do you have in interconnect bay 1? Is it a switch or a pass-through module or a VC module? the answers to your questions depend on this.

Regards,
Clarete
Gryan_1
Occasional Advisor

It is swithc named GbE2c Ethernet Blade Switch with part number 410917-B21.
What is difference between switch, pass-through module and VC module? Also, I will google for it now.
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

The switch put simply is 21 ports not 5.
There are 16 ports to the 8 blade slots, connecting to the two Embedded NICs on each blade. And 5 ports presented externally.

Yes to your final question - as it is a switch.

You might be better off looking here:
http://www.bladenetwork.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=4

Gryan_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi, Adrian

Can you show me the solution more details?
For example, Setting VLAN on the switch,I checked my switch config is as follows.

/c/l3/if 256
* addr
* ena
/c/l3/gw 4
* ena
* addr
/

I want to assign embeded NIC ports with different IP segment, How to implement it.
I am so sorry that I am not familiar with network. It is so appreciated to guide the implementation.

Thank you so much.