1752480 Members
5525 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: C3000 "device identification data error"

Luca
Frequent Advisor

Replaced (again) the SB40c main board as first replacement one was defective resulting in the OA reporting "device identification error".
gregersenj
Honored Contributor

Greate :)

BR
/jag

Accept or Kudo

Proliant VMS San Mgrs
Frequent Advisor

You did not state if you have an HP maintenance contract, or this is warranty.

With the outsourcing of spare parts to UPS logistics, I have noticed that the quality of parts delivered to customer sites has suffered.

You might want to record the serial number of any board which is removed as suspect, or known defective; and make sure the same board doesn't come back again.

I have seen spare parts packages shipped from the depot without "defective" return labels...

Just my own private opinion. Your mileage may vary.
Problems Solved
Luca
Frequent Advisor

Yes, we were fortunately under maintenance contract. I am aware that the replacemenet parts can "resurface" as not checked by logistics - we always stick the defective sticker on the box, but then how do we know what happens after, if the device gets checked properly or not. All I can say is that the replacement parts we receive look perfectly new and not used in any way. I suspect this problem to be an unsuccessful programming of the mainboard flash through the JTAG port - maybe the checksum values were not written correctly as the ROM worked. This defective board to me looked like an "origin" defect (manufacturing), not a repair problem. I point my finger to Quality Control here.