BladeSystem - General
1753666 Members
6120 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

C3000 with 4Gb Fibre Channel Pass-thru - management IP?

KJohnsonCDA
Occasional Advisor

C3000 with 4Gb Fibre Channel Pass-thru - management IP?

I've just installed a 4Gb Fiber Channel pass-thru into the upper right hand interconnect bay on a c3000 blade.

My BL460 also has a QLogic QMH2462 4Gb FC HBA for HP c-Class BladeSystem.

Both the 4Gb pass through and the qlogic mezzanine cards are showing up in the HP onboard Admin for the blade chassis - and in the respective server info.

I can not for the life of me figure out how to configure the 4Gb pass thru to map fiber ports to the blade server with the Mezzanine.

I can't figure out what the default IP of the card would be, nor does it have a serial port for initial configuration.

I've tried setting the Enc Settings>Encl Bay IP addressing>Interconnect Bays IP address to a proper address on my management vlan - and reset the Pass thru- but I still can't get it to take the Address.

Thanks for any pointers.

Kirk.
3 REPLIES 3
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: C3000 with 4Gb Fibre Channel Pass-thru - management IP?

It's a dumb device--there is no management IP address. There is a port that corresponds to each FC on the blade. This is not mapped dynamically, but it is dedicated.
KJohnsonCDA
Occasional Advisor

Server is in bay 5 - so the FC pass through ports that correspond should be 5 and 13 respectively? I have port 5 on the pass-thru cabled up to a known working port on a HP 2/8 fc switch. I don't get any lights on any of the linked ports.

The 2/8 switch is connected to an MSA 1000 array with several other servers connected and working.
KJohnsonCDA
Occasional Advisor

Bahhh - My bad - I had the FC pass-thru in slot 2 on the back. Needed to be in 3 or 4 to map correctly as indicated in the mapping pictures in the Onboard Administrator.

All is good.