5938 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

C7000 Blade name change

Renny1
Collector

C7000 Blade name change

Hi,

I have a c7000 enclosure with multiple BL460 Gen10 blades with VMware 6.5 installed. OA/VC/BIOS/iLO are all up to date. Some of the servers names as an example ESXP01 and some say ESXP02.local (with domain name). I want them to all to include the domain name.

I followed this article to change the server tag http://virtualcloudzz.blogspot.com/2012/11/how-to-assign-or-change-blade-name-in.html. In onboard administrator, it showed the name did change, I check back the next day and it changed back.

I also tried changing the server name in iLO Web Administration, but it would change but change back after a few minutes. I even restarted iLO. it said AMS will most likely override entry.

In VMware the hostname is correct, the DNS suffix is also present.

I am running out of ideas for what I should do. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Siddhartha_M
Advisor

Re: C7000 Blade name change

Hello Renny1,

I would suggest log a support case to check the issue furter..!

Thanks,

Sidd

I am an HPE Employee.

I am a HPE Employee
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

server names can appear in a few places.  Can you provide a screenshot of what your are seeing and want to modify?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Renny1
Collector

Hi Jimmy,

What I want to modify is in iLO and OA to display ESXP01..local instead of ESXP01. 

In Onboard Administrator device bays, and iLO5 Web Administration, I would see ESXP01. Another blade, I would see ESXP02.local (which I want), I just want them all to match. I built them both at the same time but I guess somewhere messed up.

Regards,

Renny

xaiphix
Occasional Visitor

I am having the same problem. Any solution on this issue?