BladeSystem - General
1753935 Members
9817 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

C7000 Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3020 Firmware upgrade

Nick Gyorfi

C7000 Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3020 Firmware upgrade

I upgraded the firmware on a Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3020 in a C7000 enclosure through the web management console from 12.2(40)SE1 to 12.2(50)SE3.

When the switch was resetting after being flashed, it prompted me for a password. I had not set a password for the switch and now it wants one when I login via the web management console. I can login connected via the management port and telnet.

Help?

screen shot attached.
2 REPLIES 2
Capra
Occasional Contributor

Re: C7000 Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3020 Firmware upgrade

Try with passwd: cisco
Leave user blank.
Nick Gyorfi

Re: C7000 Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3020 Firmware upgrade

Sorry, forgot to mention that I tried many combinations of passwords and usernames, with and without. Including cisco as a password :) thanks.

I did find this though (waiting to see if it worked, network guy):

Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3020 for HP c-Class BladeSystem - Cisco Catalyst 3020 Device Manager Requires Password After Upgrade to 12.2(50)SE
ISSUE:
Unable to login using Cisco Device Manager after IOS upgrade to 12.2(50)SE. If an enable or secret password was not previously configured on the switch, Device Manager will require one to be configured in release 12.2(50)SE. The only way to configure the enable, or secret password is from the serial console connection.
SOLUTION:
Connect to the switch using the serial console connection.

Switch>enable
Switch#config t
Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.
Switch(config)#enable password putpasswordhere
OR

Switch>enable
Switch#config t
Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.
Switch(config)#enable secret 0 secretpasswordhere
Login using Device Manager will now be possible.
Leave the Username field blank and fill in Password field with the configured password.