108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

C7000 Embeded ethernet sw is not working

owahid
Frequent Advisor

C7000 Embeded ethernet sw is not working

hello

I have a question :

how to know which ethernet sw is the active in the c7000 blade enclosure assume I have one in bay1 and another in bay2?

If I can access the ethernet swtch through the commandline using connect interconnect but can not acees it via web broweser " page can not display" what dows it mean?

how to ensure that the both sw are working in High availibilty and syn with each others?

If I have a blade server in this enclosure that have two NIC Port1 and Port2 , my questions:

which port map to which switch ?

does any port have connection to the active sw regarding which bay the ethernet switch exist?

I hvae an issue that the ethernet sw in bay1 seem to not worrking correctly as I said i can access  it only via cli ,and my issue that when but a TCP/IP conf in port1 it doesnt work mean it doesnt ping any over its uplink

but when but the same TCP/IP conf in port2 it is working and can ping other host through the uplinks

the issue exist in the  four new servers that exist in the same enclosure

I wonder why only port2 is working and port1 in the server not?

can any one help?

3 REPLIES 3
owahid
Frequent Advisor

Re: C7000 Embeded ethernet sw is not working

actualy we did firmware upgrade for AO to 4.96 then add the new four servers G 10

then we made uograd to all servers using the hp SPP

owahid
Frequent Advisor

can any one help ?

I wonder about the feature called IRF do we have to use it or thier is another way to provide high availability between the two ethernet sw?

Can I do a factory reset to this SWs ? How to do it ?

I follow the manual for creating the IRF but after applying the steps I found that both switches take the same IP and I couldnt open the web for any one from the OA (I get login fuiler when using the default cred. that doesnt changed)

It is too long , sorry , but realy I appreciate your help?

AmRa
HPE Pro

Please find the inline answer of below question.

which port map to which switch ?

In this diagram, N equals the number of the server blade in the enclosure and the port number on the switch. For example, if a server blade is inserted into slot 1, it is considered device 1 and the ports that will be used in switch 1 and switch 2 are ports 1 and 1, respectively. If a server blade is inserted into slot 2, then the ports used on switch 1 and switch 2 are ports 2 and 2.

Capture41.JPG

HPE Onboard Administrator - Device Bay Port Mapping Graphical View for c7000 Enclosure

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00047943en_us&docLocale=en_US

You have not mentioned about ethernet switch model, however you can refer below link for HP 6125G/XG Ethernet Blade Switch - Intelligent Resilient Networking (IRF) Stacking Configuration Steps.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=kc0128613en_us&docLocale=en_US

Also please refer HP 6125XLG Blade Switch IRF Configuration Guide to know more about IRF.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c03931778&docLocale=en_US

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo