1753880 Members
7154 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: C7000 Ethernet Passthru

John Carver
Frequent Advisor

C7000 Ethernet Passthru

Our C7000 has a BL870 and 3 BL860 loaded with HPUX11.23 from the factory. Whenever a blade is rebooted, connectivity is lost in the ethernet passthru port for that blade. The link and activity lights are still on. The only way to reestablish connectivity is to unplug the ethernet cable and plug it in again. I have 4 interfaces configured but only 1 is plugged in. AutoPort Aggregation is loaded but not configured.
4 REPLIES 4
rick jones
Honored Contributor

It is a old song and dance, but one that still plays true too often to ignore :) Are you up-to-date with patches, especially networking/driver patches to the systems since they arrived with the factory installed bits?
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows
John Carver
Frequent Advisor

The best I can tell the driver patches are up to date.

IGELAN-DRV B.11.23.0903 HP PCI Gigabit Ethernet Driver
IGELAN-DRV.IGELAN-KRN B.11.23.0903 Gigabit Ethernet Kernel Software Distribution
IGELAN-DRV.IGELAN-RUN B.11.23.0903 Gigabit Ethernet Runtime Software Distribution

# IETHER-DRV B.11.23.0809 HP PCI/PCI-X/PCIe IEther Driver
IETHER-DRV.IETHER-KRN B.11.23.0809 IEther Driver Kernel Software Distribution
IETHER-DRV.IETHER-RUN B.11.23.0809 IEther Driver Runtime Software Distribution
rick jones
Honored Contributor

You don't by any chance have things like speed and duplex settings hardcoded do you? Still, you may need to open a call with the Response Center.

there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows
John Carver
Frequent Advisor

At the moment I do have the speed and duplex hardcoded on both sides. Auto-negotiation didn't work any better. I have both a hardware and software case open.