108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: C7000 Flex 10 virtual connect fiber channel

SOLVED
Go to solution
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Can you show the configuration of your SAN fabrics in VC, i.e. SP-FABRIC-21, SP-FABRIC-22, etc.

It might have something to do with this. VC SANs should not include ports from different FC Modules.

Just a thought.

Dave.
Le Coq Manuel
Frequent Advisor

Firstly thank you to all of you to help me.

My whole frame is updated to the newest version. My switches are in 6.4.1a and my cards Qlogic 05.03.02.

I mean by not working, I do not see the LUNs. When I go into the bios Qlogic I do not see the LUN if the status is not logged in..

You will find attached a copy of MS-FABRIC-21. The configuration is the same but on the other module VC.
At a Fabric configuration to the 4 ports on a single VC fiber. And VC is connected on a single fiber switch
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Sorry,

Slight misunderstanding.

In Virtual Connect Manager, on the Left, there should be a section called "SAN Fabrics", (underneath "Ethernet Networks" and "Uplink Sets" (if they exist)).

Under SAN Fabrics, should be listed your Fabrics. Please click on SP-FABRIC-21, and post the result.

(PS if your display doesnt show SAN Fabrics then I might be completely misunderstanding your configuration and problem.)

Dave.
Le Coq Manuel
Frequent Advisor

Here is the screen.
I made new tests, when I reboot the switch I logged in the changing
Example:
Before the reboot
Blade 1 2 3 are logged in, the strip 4 not logged in.
After the reboot
Blade 1 2 4 are logged in and the blade 3 not logged in.
Yet NPVI is active on the san switch
The Brit
Honored Contributor
Solution

Well, the SAN configuration looks OK, (i.e pretty much like mine). The only difference is that I have "Login Distribution" set to "DYNAMIC".

We are definitely at different VC F/W levels (I am still at 2.33) so the screens look slightly different.

I have no additional input or comments so I hope you get this figured out.

Luck

Dave.
Le Coq Manuel
Frequent Advisor

Hello,
The problem came from the Brocade switch. I did not add the port Fill Word 3.

Advisory: B-Series (Brocade) VC FC Switch - 8Gb FC VC Connections Require B-Series FC Switch to Upgrade, at minimum, to FOS FOS Version 6.3.1 Version 6.4.0 gold, Select and Mode 3 option for the Switch Command portCfgFillWord

Doc:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/attachments/hpeb/bladescategory04/859/1/FOS%208G%20Link%20Init%20Fillword%20Behavior%20v1.pdf
Cordially
Le Coq Manuel
Frequent Advisor