108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: C7000 OA Lost during Firmware Update

SOLVED
Go to solution
pdusome
Occasional Visitor

C7000 OA Lost during Firmware Update

Updating firmware from 3.21 to 3.32 on two C7000 chassis. 

On the first chassis the update completed on one OA and the second OA went missing.  By removing reinserting the OA it was recognizable again and the system noticed that the firmware was not in sync.  It offered me the opportunity to sync up, which went OK.

On the second chassis the Active OA stayed at 3.21 and the standby went missing.  No amount of remove/insert causes the OA to become visible.  On insertion the status light is green then turns red after a couple seconds.  I can only assume that the update failed and the OA has been left with corrupt firmware.

The OA has a USB and a serial port.  Is there a way to load firmware to an OA from scratch?  As the chassis is out of warranty, HP is no help at all.

4 REPLIES 4
Jeroen_Kleen
HPE Pro
Solution

you can only apply fw via network; but what do you see on the OA serialport when connected via a laptop?
(I am an HPE employee)
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

>> The OA has a USB and a serial port. Is there a way to load firmware to an OA from scratch?
You can restore the firmware by a "disaster recovery" via TFTP - the OA User Guide has all the steps (chapter Flash disaster recovery")

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Jeroen_Kleen
HPE Pro

If possible; can you still send me a SHOW ALL report from the encl. that was working later on after the fw update?
cheers, Jeroen

kleen@hp.com

(I am an HPE employee)
pdusome
Occasional Visitor

Oops.  I clicked the wrong entry as the solution... Went through the disaster recovery as described in the manual.  All good now.  Too bad HP support could not simply point me in that direction when I opened a case - warranty or not!

Thanks a heap!