BladeSystem - General
1752445 Members
6264 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

C7000 OA update 2,02 -> 2,30 Can't see blades.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Atomizer
Advisor

Re: C7000 OA update 2,02 -> 2,30 Can't see blades.

Thanks for your help so far.

I have now successfully updated all blades to 1.61 ILO. But the problem still remains. If I pull the OA from the chassis and wait 10 seconds and then reattach it it finds the blades and shows them but then after some seconds they dissapear again.

I have only one OA so this is not a redundancy problem.
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Tried to clear your browsers cache? some times after upgrade the cache makes the browser use som old "commands" to display the content of the OA
Atomizer
Advisor

Hey,

I tried to clear the cache and also tried accessing it from a server that has never accessed the OA before but still the same.

However I managed to get this working by downgrading the firmware of the OA to version 2.25.

It told me that it would need to reset the configuration for the downgrade to work but when it came back after the reboot the configuration was intact. After this downgrade all blades are visible and have stayed visible in OA for ~12 hours now.

I won't update to version 2.30 or 2.31 but wait for a future release.

I hope this can help other that may encounter the same issue.

Thanks to all for your help and I'll try to figure out how to give you some points. (Im not familiar with the point system in here)

Best Regards
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Well then maybe it's a problem with your config file for OA or something. Just spitballing here but you upgraded from 2.02 to 2.30 and there have been a few "major" changes to the config file and OA firmware. maybe it was to big a step to make at once.

Another thing.. after you upgraded the ILO's did you reflash the OAs with 2.30? heard from a HP tech that it could be a problem if you flash the OA first and ILO second..
Atomizer
Advisor

After I upgraded the ILO I tried pulling the OA from the chassis and reflashed 2.31 but still the same.

Maybe you are right about it being too big a step but I would expect that to be clear from the release notes but I don't belive it was. I could easyly be wrong though. :)
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

If you have 2 OAs transit from active to standby and then again.

Regards
Prabhu Raj
Frequent Advisor

Hi,
The problem is not with the Firmware but with the update process.

You should update from 2.02 to 2.2x before updating 2.3x.

Only then there will not be any issues.