BladeSystem - General
1753847 Members
8721 Online
108807 Solutions
New Discussion

Can I cascade the AF618A IP Console Swich with the C3000 KVM Module?

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Can I cascade the AF618A IP Console Swich with the C3000 KVM Module?

One of Jin customer asked a question regarding console switches:

****************************************************************************************************************

I've got a customer asking if AF618A can cascade with the  C3000 KVM Module, as I checked the QuickSpecs I found no  AF618A is listed but AF617A is listed there.

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12790_div/12790_div.HTML

BTW,There are x2 local ports in AF618A so can they connect  with only one port with C3000?

Can any one please kindly assist, which is highly appreciated.

*****************************************************************************************************************

Monty responded:

***************************************************************************************************************

The c3000 KVM option and the c7000 OA with KVM module connect to KVM switch target ports, you cannot use a cascade port on the HP KVM switches.

Since the target ports are CAT5 connectors on the HP KVM switches, you need the adapter with USB to connect to the c-Class enclosure KVM.

Otherwise, you can direct connect a VGA monitor with USB keyboard/mouse directly to the enclosure KVM VGA and USB connectors.

The c3000 KVM module installation guide has illustrations of these two scenarios.

*********************************************************************************************************************

Do you use KVM switches on your systems?