BladeSystem - General
1753706 Members
4983 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Can I get the Same VLAN on multiple NICs in a blade profile? (c7000, Gen 9 blades)

Michael-GW
Occasional Contributor

Can I get the Same VLAN on multiple NICs in a blade profile? (c7000, Gen 9 blades)

Setup

3 c7000s cabled in a stack. 

2/3 of the C7000s have added a second pair of 20/40s so that 2 blades can get 16 nics

the SA is asking me to put the same VLAN on all 16 NICs and clearly in the simple steps of making the networks in the SUS I can't use the same VLAN more than once per each VC in each c7000 (in this case, 4).

Is there some trick that will allow me to add this same VLAN to all NICs or do I need the edge switch network team create me 14 more VLANs that are all doing the same path?\

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Ihaqueit
Trusted Contributor

Re: Can I get the Same VLAN on multiple NICs in a blade profile? (c7000, Gen 9 blades)

Can you explain the full connectivity with diagram?

Is Blade  to VCflex to switch? 

I Haq
Michael-GW
Occasional Contributor

There;s 2 blades with a second mezz card so that each blade has 16 NICs.

These two blades are each in a c7000 with a pair of 10/10d and 20/40 VCs.

How do I get the same VLAN on all 16 NICs?

Ihaqueit
Trusted Contributor

Go to VCflex then network wizard then step by step create vlan.

One more thing your OA check the interconnect bays, is it connect thru VCflex or not.

Its very easy to assigned on all 16.

Check setup of VCflex.

I Haq
Caudette
Occasional Advisor

I am running into this same problem with a c7000 managed by OneView. How can we add the same VLAN to a second interface on the same blade server?

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @Caudette,

We have responded to your primary post. Please refer to the below topic: 

Same VLAN on two different NICs

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo