BladeSystem - General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use smart start cd to get to the network to find my symantec ghost session ?

Snak3eye5
Frequent Advisor

Can I use smart start cd to get to the network to find my symantec ghost session ?

Is there way to use smart start to get a cmd prompt so that I can just get on the network and use ghost to deploy and capture images. What i'm tryin to do is, I have a blade c7000 with bl460c g7 blades. When I have the blades all set up with their nics to see my dhcp server and pxe into ghost it fails miserably. I keep getting a message "Cannot find dhcp server" I KNOW IT HAs an ip because i am getting it when i am on the os and seeing it through cmd prompt. So i was wondering if through smart start i can get on the network to capture or deploy ghost images without having to f12 and pxe boot ?

I have bl 460c g7 with NC326m Dual Port 1Gb NIC for

2 REPLIES
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: Can I use smart start cd to get to the network to find my symantec ghost session ?

Are you sure you have the correct NIC setup to use the network providing DHCP? Because of PCI bus enumeration issues I've seen in both Linux and Windows try switching over to the other NIC and see if you get an IP address from your DHCP server

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Snak3eye5
Frequent Advisor

Re: Can I use smart start cd to get to the network to find my symantec ghost session ?

I am beginning to think that maybe dhcp server is not seeing my broadcome nic driver and thus not picking up an ip ?? I wonder if i should use win pe and upload the hp nc553i dual port flexfabric 10 gb to it which is what the what i have on my g7