New Discussion юеВ

Re: Can't see virtual WWNs

SOLVED
Go to solution
ziwolle_1

Can't see virtual WWNs

Hi Folks,

I have a problem with the virtual WWNs.
I used a predefined range from the GUI. After defining and and assiging a server profile I still see the "old" physical WWWN on our Brocade director. Not the expected virtual one. As I understand, the zoning should be done with the virtual one??

On the VC-Manager side everythink looks OK.

The firware on the Emulex LPe1105-HP is already upgraded to the latest one. HBAnywhere reports also the "old" WWWNs on the HBAs :-(
Server profile was already re-assigned several times.

The VC-Manager is on version 1.16 and Brocade directors are also upgraded and NPIV is activated.

Any ideas?

Regards
Wolfgang
4 REPLIES 4
HEM_2
Honored Contributor
Solution

If you are still seeing the Factory Default WWNs in HBAnywhere then this is most likely an Emulex Firmware issue. I would doublecheck to make sure it is indeed:

Multiboot: 6.00a2
BIOS: 3.00a4
Firmware: 2.50a8

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=1844100&prodNameId=1844101&swEnvOID=54&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=co-46728-1
ziwolle_1

Hello HEM,

I've upgraded to the mentioned BIOS Version.
And this solved the problem!! Virtual WWWNs are seen now locally on the server (HBAanywhere and on the SAN director switch)

Thanks a lot for the hint.

To summarize:
Upgrade BIOS AND firmware of the HBA to the latest version (even if you don't use the boot from SAN option)

Thanks and regards
Wolfgang
Dave..B
Advisor

I was having the same problem, so I upgraded my HBA BIOS to 6.00A2 (it was 6.00A1). After rebooting HBAnywhere does not even see the adaptor anymore. The LightPulse Utility new recognizes the Virtual WWN's, but any suggestions on why HBAnywhere doesn't work anymore?
TIA
Jeff Allen_5
Valued Contributor

You need the latest HBAnywhere.