1748198 Members
2561 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cannot acquire iLO address from OA on BL465

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Cannot acquire iLO address from OA on BL465

I have a C7000 enclosure with 9 BL460 servers in it. They have all sucessfully acquired an iLO address from the OA. Today we installed a BL465 and we cannot get an iLO IP on it. I can manually assign an address (connect a keyboard and monitor to the front of the blade and accessing the iLO through F9 to assign the address) but the OA is unable to assign that same address.

One thing we did differently is skip some slots. We put the AMD server is slot 16, instead of slot 9 (the next in line). Would that prevent the OA from assigning the IP?

The iLO is at 1.70.

Any ideas? Thanks, Nelson
7 REPLIES 7
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Sorry, these are actually BL495c servers.

I also tried switching bays and I get the same error.

I also tried a different BL495c and I get the same problem. Neither of these servers work in any open bay (tried 9, 15, and 16).

Nelson
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Support for the newer BL495c blade server starts with OA 2.32. So you do need to be at least at 2.32.
Otherwise, what is the error?
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

before you update the OA firmware, update the iLO firmware on all your other blades.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

I am running 2.32.

I called HP tech support and they told me to reseat the OA modules. That fixed the problem, but caused other problems. A different server lost VC "connectivity" and failed. I has to cold boot it to see the boot disks (boot from SAN). Reseating OA modules should not cause a server blade to fail. But it did.

I question why I should even need to reseat the OA modules. I had 9 other servers working fine. My faith in these blades dwindles daily.

Nelson
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

I had to reseat the OA modules in order for the AMD servers to get an ILO address for the OA.

Nelson
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Sorry - I forgot to say thanks to the people who offered suggestions about the firmware...thanks!

Nelson