1748169 Members
4044 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Cannot see the disk on SAN

michaelallen

Cannot see the disk on SAN

Hi,
The Virtual Connect domain is set to use HP VC assigned WWNs and the HBAs are showing up on thesan switch correctly.
The ports WWN is being assigned a FCID correctly and is showing up the active zone set configuration. We just cannot
see any presented disks to the host after presented the logical disks to the hosts. I went to my computer and see only the local drive C.
Does any one know what to do next in order to see the disk on the host servers
5 REPLIES 5
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

Re: Cannot see the disk on SAN

Is Your SAN switch NPIV capable ? SAN switch port must be in NPIV state to get it work. Go to FC card BIOS (ctrl+q in post) and scan for devices.
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
michaelallen

Hello,
I am not sure how to check in my SAN switch NPIV capable. For "Go to FC card BIOS (ctrl+q in post) and scan for devices" what do you mean by that? Please help me with this. I am new to the SAN solution.

Thank you

Michael
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

I assume that You have Brocade based SAN switch and Qlogic FC cards

Login to switch and type switchshow and see if the port/ports where VC FC -module is connected is in NPIV state.

If not, reboot one blade with FC card and during server post (where fc card is initialized) press CTRL+Q to enter HBA BIOS. There You can find an option to scan storage devices. Do it for both interfaces and check the SAN switch again.

michaelallen

Hi Jarkko K.,

Now I can see the Lun (We are using emulex adapter). However, when I go to disk management. I saw the online drive in lun number 4 with 7.0 GB (raw data need to format). We have 1TB of memory. My question is how can I configure to have more memory for the drive.

Michael
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

I guess by memory You mean the raw data capasity in your storage? You have to make LUN bigger from storage (HP EVA?) and rescan your disks (Windows?)