5571 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Change from Factory WWNs to HP VC WWNs

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mark Savage

Change from Factory WWNs to HP VC WWNs

Is there a way to non-disruptively change from Factory Default to HP Pre-Defined WWNs? The issue is, we have a C7000 which has 12 BL460's already running using just VC Ethernet Modules. The last few 460 that are going in require FC connectivity so we purchased a pair of VC FC Modules. The onsite guy just inserted them (I don't think he made any VC Changes) and they're currently set to Factory and I want them at HP Pre-Defined.

I assumed that once these modules were added, I could complete the FC Setup Wizard (since it previously was just Ethernet) and it would give me that choice to choose which I wanted to use.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
JKytsi
Honored Contributor
Solution

Yep, run the FC setup wizard and choose HP predefined.

You can't change from factory->HP def if there is profiles with FC allready defined. Then You must unassign the profile before it's possible to change the WWN setting
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
Mark Savage

Hence my situation. Since we already have 12 running servers in this chassis, deleting the profiles will result in an outage to those servers.

I assumed (incorrectly) that when we added the new VC FC Modules, we would be able to complete the Fiber Channel Setup and select HP Predefined WWNs.

I'm now curious, could I have done the FC Wizard even though I didn't have any FC Modules installed from the beginning, simply to tell the chassis that "If" we do add modules in the future we would use Virtual WWNs.

Thanks!
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

This could be wrong information, but I recon that You can't run the FC wizard without the modules.

But did You try to run it ? It does not matter if You have defined the profiles with HP def MAC addresses, You should be able to complete FC wizard with HP def values. Only if You would have defined profiles with factory WWNs the unassign would be necessary.
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi