BladeSystem - General
1748181 Members
4158 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Change password of the OA user that was used to import the enclosure from Virtual Connect

SOLVED
Go to solution
JL Martinez
Advisor

Change password of the OA user that was used to import the enclosure from Virtual Connect

Hi everyone.

When you import the enclosure from Virtual Connect (VC Domain Configuration) you have to specify a OA user with priviledges, and his associated password.
Once the enclosure is imported, is it possible to change the password of the OA user? I would like to change it on several chassis due to security reasons.

TIA.
7 REPLIES 7
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Change password of the OA user that was used to import the enclosure from Virtual Connect

as far as i know once the import is finished there will be no dependency of the OA password with VC.
JL Martinez
Advisor

OK. I'll try on one chassis and let it run a day or two to see if problems arise.

Thank you for the fast response.
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

Thats a good idea. :) Dont forget to assign points if it works...
Bhavin-Desai
Advisor

It is possible to change the OA password in a VC environment.
Once you change the password for the OA user which is used to import the Enclosures in the VC domain, you will be prompted for password once you login to VCM.

You can give the new password in the VCM for OA and it will continue working.

I would recommend you to first change the OA password and then after some time login to VCM and give the new password when prompted.
JL Martinez
Advisor

I've changed the OA user password in one of my chassis a day ago.

When I log into the Virtual Connect Manager there is no prompt for a new password, and everything seems to be working OK.

I'll wait more one day, and begin to change the remaining chassis one by one on a daily basis, just in case.

If problems arise I'll let you know.

Thanks a lot.
JL Martinez
Advisor

It seems Sivaramakrishna is right. I've changed the password on all enclosures and VC doesn't complain at all.

Thank you all for your time and help.
JL Martinez
Advisor

Ooops, almost forgot to close the thread.

Solution: Sivaramakrishna is right.