New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cluster with C7000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bruno J. Melo
Valued Contributor

Hi PJG1,

Storage blades do not apply for shared storage... When they are inserted in a blade enclosure they are allocated directly to the server next to it.

It's Direct Attached Storage in a blade format as you can see here: http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/storageworks/c-class/sb40c/index.html

It's not possible to share it between server blades.

For cheap shareable network storage you should look into iSCSI.
PJG1
Advisor

Thanks to all for the replies. This is my first attempt at clustering with blades and just needed some info to get started.
PJG1
Advisor

Bruno,

Hate to hijack Eric's thread but I need help with this. So, here's what we have. We already have a full c7000 enclosure which we have been running since the beginning of the year. We just recently purchased another c7000 with 4 bl460's and 2 GbE2c switches. What are the mininum items I would need to set up a simple cluster between 2 of the blades. Obviously shared storage, probably use iScsi, etc. I know you reccommend the bl480's, but if there is a way to get it working with the bl460's, I'm sure the boss would be happier. Thanks.
Bruno J. Melo
Valued Contributor

Hi PJG1,

Can you please start a new thread?
Just copy and paste this and I'll answer there, I think it's best for you and the community.
As you may have noticed there's a points system to grade responses to the questions posted, which I agree is a great way of rewarding the people that spend some of their time helping others...
If you start a thread you can grade the responses.
Bruno J. Melo
Valued Contributor

Hi PJG1,

Can you please start a new thread?
Just copy and paste this and I'll answer there, I think it's best for you and the community.
As you may have noticed there's a points system to grade responses to the questions posted, which I agree is a great way of rewarding the people that spend some of their time helping others...
If you start a thread you get faster results and you can grade the responses.
PJG1
Advisor

Yes. Will do. Can only the author of the thread assign points?

Thanks.
Bruno J. Melo
Valued Contributor

Yes, only the thread author.