New Discussion юеВ

Configuring ILO of p class server blade enclosure with enhanced component

SOLVED
Go to solution
Khurram Shahzad
Regular Advisor

Configuring ILO of p class server blade enclosure with enhanced component

Dear all,
I want to utilize the ILO port on management module of p class server blade enclosure with enhanced component. Can any one tell me that how to configure this ILO port to manange the ILO's of other server. What is the procedure of accessing this port.
9 REPLIES 9
David Claypool
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Configuring ILO of p class server blade enclosure with enhanced component

Think of that management port as being an uplink from a network hub. It has no configuration--it's the iLOs on the blades that shouldbe configured.
Khurram Shahzad
Regular Advisor

If I consider this port as being an uplink, then the other ILO ports should be connected to this management module. Please explain it I couldn't get you.
We are upgrading the simple enclosure to enclosure with enhanced backplane component. The current ports of RJ-45 patch panel which are being used by ILO, Will these ports will continue to be used for ILO. if yes than what is the purpose of ILO single port on management module and how we will access it.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Part of the reason to have the aggregated management port is that G3 and later BL20p servers have the ability to have 4 production NICs. That means an additional set of production ports through your pass-throughs in place of iLO.
Khurram Shahzad
Regular Advisor

Thanks for your information. This means that some new generation servers will utilize all four NIC's for network. And there ILO will be accessed through ILO port on management module.(correct me if I am wrong).

What i have understood is that only single cable will connecting the ILO port on management module. e.g. if we want to access any server ILO, through this port then we will give the ip of that particular server and this port on management module will automatically route us to that server. (correct me if i am wrong)

So there is no need of seperate ILO cable for each blade server.
LRP
Frequent Advisor

Do you were able to access the enclousure console or only blades console?
I would like to access the blade console and also manage the enclousure (see what blades are connected, power options, etc).
Does that access by ILO port gives you that options? Even when you access it by one blade ILO?
Khurram Shahzad
Regular Advisor

Yes I was able to access the ILO of any server in the enclosure. ILO page also allows you te check the servers connected etc.But to see this rack view you must have updated ILO firmware version.
Gus Tonsay
Advisor

Is there a whitepaper on this or some kind of HP guide?
To be or not to be, that is the question.
Khurram Shahzad
Regular Advisor

There might be a guide, but i didn't find therefore i had to learn from hit and trial..:-)
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

here on page 97 is some kind of "guide" about rack view :

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00209014/c00209014.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

If you search something, note exactly what you are looking for...

Pac