1748236 Members
3556 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Confused with VC Throughput!

Nima Gh.
Regular Advisor

Confused with VC Throughput!

I needed to balance the 15Gbps stream via 2 loadbalancer blade servers among 14 blade servers.
When I use a single loadbalancer, everything seems to be OK but when I add the second loadbalancer, I see dropped packets and rx buffer of each load balancer even continuously receives the traffice while the MAC address of receivers are explicitly indicated for each loadbalancer and each load balancer sends the load to the explicitly specified receivers (EACH receiver updates the MAC table of VCs in 40 sec intervals to avoid broadcasting the packets). What is the exact thrgughput of signaling midplane? in a case that I use LOM+MEZ for a single Load-balancer, Stacking the modules solves the low-throughput problem WHILE I read that the stacking is only useful to share the uplinkports!

Then, Would you please tell me that what's the root cause? (I suppose that there is not any Software Issue at all!)
2 REPLIES 2
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

The signaliing midplane is tested today for a throughput upto 5Tb so I don't think that the signaling midplane is the issue...
Which firmware are you running? Are you also running the latest/recent drivers of the NICs/LOMs? Which hardware exactly do yo have?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
Nima Gh.
Regular Advisor

Since the mezzanine NIC and first LOM nics were in the same collision domain, I connected the bay 1 and bay 6 using a couple of fibers and problem is solved now!