BladeSystem - General
1748170 Members
4129 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Connecting KVM to P class blade system

Kris Saunders

Connecting KVM to P class blade system

Is there a way to connect KVM to the P class blade system? How do you remotely manage your blades other than RDP?
4 REPLIES 4
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Every p-Class ProLiant BL server has an Integrated Lights-Out management processor with a BladeSystem Advanced License enabling Virtual Media and Graphical Remote Console.
Kris Saunders

I'm not talking ILO because the price tag is much more expensive than a kvm over IP solution. So, there is no other solution besides the HP ILO?
Doug Dellinger
Occasional Advisor

ILO and Virtual Media is on way of installing an OS, HP's RDP is a great and the preferred way of installing an OS. ILO for a P class should be included with the server at no cost.

But in a pinch, I have done this.
Connect the P-Class Dongle to the front of the server. I connected a CAT5 KVM dongle to the VGA and USB (for keybd and mouse. Connect a CD/DVD drive to the other USB port.

I was able to login to the console through the same KVM I use for the rack servers. I was able to boot, build and configure the server just like it was a rack server.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Kris, iLO and the BladeSystem Advanced license are included with p-Class servers. There is no extra cost.