1753325 Members
5443 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Create iLO Local User

SOLVED
Go to solution

Create iLO Local User

How do I go about creating a second local iLO user for all my HP blades? I've seen references to hponcfg and xml files, but it doesn't appear that hponcfg will allow you to run against multiple blades. If you have a specific example of how do to this, I would appreciate it. Thx!
8 REPLIES 8
Gary Benavides Meza
Trusted Contributor

Login to the Onboard Administrator on a C-class bladesystem.
- Click on devices bays, select the server, click on ILO, then click on Web Administration.
- Once logged into ILO click on the Administration tab, then at the left select User Administration and once there you can create Local Accounts or Group Accounts.

I should have been more specific. I want to create another local user on 96 blades. I don't want to do this manually. I'd like to use a script.
Gary Benavides Meza
Trusted Contributor

I see! Then do it 96 times, just kidding!! You need to use the CPFQLOCFG.exe to do this. Find attached the XML Script to add user with this reply. You need to know the credentials for an existing ILO User. You can do this from a remote machine.

You can download the utility from the following link:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1121516&prodNameId=3288134&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-4a29e4a6ae704efca1eecf3cf4

The syntax will be as below. You can read the ILO user credentials from a file to generate the command line while sending the script.

cpqlocfg.exe -s [servername|ipaddress]|[:port] -l [logfilename] -f [input filename] -v -c -u [username] -p [password]
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro
Solution

You can use HPONCFG, that's built into the Onboard Administrator

SSH into the OA and run "help hponcfg". You can send the XML to all the iLO's at the same time "hponcfg all" Doing it through OA, you don't need to know a valid user account on the iLO as long as the OA user has the proper access level. If your desktop is Windows, you can use "plink" to script out the whole process.

If you use hponcfg through the OA you need to leave the tag in the XML syntax even though it isn't used. If using cpqlocfg the LOGIN USER_LOGIN tag needs to be a valid user

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Like Jimmy says ...you want to use the HPCONCFG in the OA CLI.

use the following script exactly (apart form newuser/newpassword to change them all at once.

HPONCFG all << end_marker

end_marker

Ahhh. I've seen references to HPONCFG but when you run this utility on the blade itself, you don't get the ALL option. Once I SSH'd to the blade chassis and ran HPONCFG, the ALL option shows up in the Help. Thx again!
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Now you can use the CPQLOCFG to talk to them via IP using the common username you just set in the HPCONCFG.
Thats my plan anyway!