1753366 Members
4906 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Critical Error Redundancy Lost

Patrick G.
Advisor

Re: Critical Error Redundancy Lost

It looks like Bay 6 is the key. If it is the last blade I put into the enclosure, after all other blades are powered on without any failure, the bay 6 blade powered succesfully on. Only the OA got a message like "Redundancy lost" and "Power allocated: 44868 Watt DC".

Maybe it helps
Patrick G.
Advisor

And bay 7 is responsible for that problem too.
weghn0

We solved the "Power Allocation Request Insufficient enclosure power" error by rebooting the bays where the power allocationn was to high. We had more then one bay at about 3000watts after roboot under 200Watts.
hope this helps
Patrick G.
Advisor

unfortunately not
darnoc

Hi All,

HP is right, downgrading the OA firmware to 2.25 will solve the Critical Error Redundancy Lost. the OA FW 2.25 solves this issue.

The error also causes power reduction to the servers. Once you shutdown the server,it may not power back on due to less power, and red blinking LED you'll receive instead.

We've applied this solution just now as we experienced the problem this morning.

The Brit
Honored Contributor

Is this issue being actively worked on at HP? and how long (how many versions) does it take to get a resolution.

I am currently at Version 2.32, and I have not seen the problem. I was going to upgrade, however I think I will wait since the problem has been seen to still exist with version 2.41. I dont want to risk activating a problem which currently seems to be dormant at my place.

Dave.
saks5th
Occasional Advisor

Hi Everyone,

I just started having the same issue in one of our c-Class enclosures.

OA Firmware: 2.32
iLO2 Firmware: 1.70
ROM: I15 11/02/2008

We are running mostly BL460c. As previously noted, it does not look like any of the power supplies is the root cause of the issue... I would really hate reverting back to 2.25 unless I REALLY have to. Has anyone heard anything from HP?

Thanks.
Jesper
John Moorhead_2
Advisor

Hi folks. We have a C7000 enclosure loaded with 2 VC 10gb OA blades in the rear, 2 BL680C-G5 in front Bay 1 & 2, 4 BL460C in Bay 3, 4, 11, 12, and BL220C-G5 in Bay 5, 6, 7, 8, 13, 14, 15, 16. Prior to setting up server instances, we performed a full firmware update; both OA blades are at version 2.32, and all server instances are at 1.70. All server blade instances except the BL460C in Bay 12 had been installed and operational running RedHat 4 Linux Nahant 7, kernel rev 2.6.9-78.0.13. For the last few days, we've had degraded status on the BL680C-G5 in Bay 2, showing the same power issues discussed. However, that server has been operational the entire time and performance has not been affected as far as we can tell. We are running continuous ASIC simulation jobs on it with no issues. Our original Bay 12 blade was bad; we just received the replaement. Upon insertion of the replacement, we got an error indicating insufficient power is available, and it refuses to power up at all. We are currently in "Not Redundant" power supply mode, but were previously at "Power Supply Redundant" when the issue first showed up. Our "Power Limit" is 60024 watts, with only 3886 watts ├в present power├в . The ├в enclosure total├в shows 13,500 watts.
saks5th
Occasional Advisor

Hi again,

Just as an FYI, I just opened up an HP case regarding this issue. I'll let you know if/when I hear anything.

Thanks.
Jesper
John Moorhead_2
Advisor

Update after placing call to HP Response Center:

1) ALL blades MUST be at latest firmware revision. Under Device Bays, click on + next to each numbered Bay, then under Information tab, see ROM Version. Compare this with latest firmware versions as seen on HP's web site.

2) Click on the image of each blade, or under Device Bays, click on each blade instance in turn. Compare figures for "Power Allocated". Look for one blade that shows significantly higher watts (for instance, I had one blade showing 43,850 watts as compared to between 250 to 500 watts for each of the others).

3) Remove that blade from the cabinet. Remove cover, and remove thin circular cache battery. Replace after one minute (make sure polarity stays the same!). Re-insert the blade.

What's going on is that power consumption values got corrupted during a prior firmware upgrade; cache needs to be cleared after the firmware upgrade to present default values at power-up.