BladeSystem - General
1748214 Members
3318 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DVD disconnected up in iLO DVD

blade centre

DVD disconnected up in iLO DVD

I had an issue where I lost my ability to mount the usb DVD in the blade enclosure. It used to work, but it is gone all together. When I select a blade and go into virtual devices it show disconnected. I tried to use the standby iLO DVD and it doesn't show up. I have since reverted back. I checked all the cords and connections with no success. The LCD screen on the front of the enclosure shows show a "!". Is there some thing else I can try to see the usb dvd from the enclosure?
5 REPLIES 5
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Re: DVD disconnected up in iLO DVD

Just one thought. Make sure there is media in the DVD drive. The DVD will not be available to assign if there is no media in the drive.

Dave.
blade centre

I have tried a few different cd/dvd's? No dice.
Ron Burke
Advisor

Try reseating the OA? The ILO CD\DVD works when connecting to an individual blade?
blade centre

I tried reseating the OA, and I just updated the firmware to 2.41 today as well. Still nothing.
Ron Burke
Advisor

Sometimes you have to reseat the entire bay that the OA is sitting in. There is a burgundy release handle that will pull the entire bay out (not just the OA). So - if you have 2 OAs, the bay would pull both OAs out at the same time.