BladeSystem - General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between hp nc553i dual port flexfabric and 10 gb and HP NC326M PCIE Dual port Adapter ?

Snak3eye5
Frequent Advisor

Difference between hp nc553i dual port flexfabric and 10 gb and HP NC326M PCIE Dual port Adapter ?

I have a blade c7000 and  bl 460c g7 and I have i/o module 1 and 2  pass throughs  to integrated converged network adaptors on my blades which are hp nc553i dual port flexfabric 10 gb,  and then I have i have nic  mezzanine cards on my blades which are Broadcom HP NC326M PCIE Dual port Adapter which are also pass throughs. Whats the difference between the two kinds. So nic 1 and 2 on my blade is  hp nc553i dual port flexfabric 10 gb and nic 3 and 4 are broadcom HP NC326M PCIE Dual port Adapter which comes from the mezzanine card. I don't clearly understand if one  is better then the other. Previously in our older  chassis we had everything as broadcom. I guess i need to know what the new hp nc553i dual port flexfabric 10 gb and are they better or not as good  as broadcoms. We use pass throughs for everything on our chassis and that includes our storage.

1 REPLY

Re: Difference between hp nc553i dual port flexfabric and 10 gb and HP NC326M PCIE Dual port Adapte

The HP NC553i Dual port 10GB FlexFabric connector has advanced capabilities than compared to the HP NC326m PCI Express Dual Port 1Gb Server Adapter for c-Class BladeSystem.FlexFabric provides the capability to network adaptor to function either as FCoE or iSCSI.

To contrast the full technical capabilities of these adaptors, please refer the following link:

For information about HP NC553i Dual port 10GB FlexFabric adaptor, please refer quick specs of BL460c G7:

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/13706_div/13706_div.HTML

Click section ‘Technical Specifications’ and scroll to ‘Embedded HP NC553i Dual Port FlexFabric 10Gb Adapter’

For information about HP NC326m PCI Express Dual Port 1Gb Server Adapter for c-Class BladeSystem, please refer its quick specs at:

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12519_div/12519_div.html

and then click ‘Technical Specifications’.

Regards

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and is not the views of HPE
To say thanks click the white "thumbs up" icon below!!!