4412 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Disable ASR in BL685C G on C7000

Techieguy_1
Occasional Advisor

Disable ASR in BL685C G on C7000

Hi Guys
is there a way i can disable ASR on my HP BL685C G, which is in blade chassi C7000 without rebooting and going into bios

our main sql server keeps restarting if lots of data is being copied over !! ?? dont know if thats the true reason

But after reading on various forums, disabling ASR seems like a safe bet for the time being.

Regards
Rucky Narang.
5 REPLIES 5
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Hi!

Yes there are a way to disable ASR without rebooting. From System Management Homepage. On the newer versions of the PSP there should be a link on the first page in one of the boxes called "Automatic Server Recovery". Click it and then choose disable. Then Click Apply.

The older versions of the PSP i think it's The ASR settings is under the "Tasks" tab.

Regards.
//Cederberg
Techieguy_1
Occasional Advisor

Does it mean i have to install this on the server os first ? can i not do this through c7000 admin blade interface?
thanks
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

There are a few ways to change System ROM settings without going into RBSU, but before any system ROM changes take effect the system has to be rebooted.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

hey techie,

Is this a Windows server? (kind of hope so with SQL running...)

Have you disabled the automatic restart in:

System Properties > Advanced tab > Startup and Recovery Settings > System Failure section?

Of course any change here also requires a reboot to take effect...

good luck!
Techieguy_1
Occasional Advisor

I have had my answer. Thanks