BladeSystem - General
1753662 Members
5770 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Does removing an OA from a c7000 result in the G6 blades going on full power?

Michael1
Advisor

Does removing an OA from a c7000 result in the G6 blades going on full power?

Hi,

Does anyone know that if I remove an OA from a c7000 chassis containing six blades that all six G6 blades go on full power?

I have memories of this happening and I can't be sure that this was the reason. It is just that at a site someone wants to know why six blades are on full power, then blades 7 and 8 did wouldn't boot up. I have my suspicions that the OA was affected and this set the fans for the six blades to 100%. Blades 7 and 8 only arrived later on the scene. I was looking for this in the OA documentation but was unable to find it.

-Michael

2 REPLIES 2
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Re: Does removing an OA from a c7000 result in the G6 blades going on full power?

Hi,

When U remove the OA, all fans and power supplies go to full power/speed, since this is controled by the OA...

The power/speed of the blades themselves are controled by the ILO of the blade, this has nothing to do with the OA...

On the OA, under the Power section, U can see at all time if enough power is available for all blades...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
jamamushi
Occasional Advisor

Agree with Bart, maybe you can make sure that if the one OA module you remove is not the active OA by failing over active to standby before you remove it, then I think the fans should not go crazy.