1752718 Members
5834 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Domain login on c7000 Chassis

Steve Giordano
Frequent Advisor

Domain login on c7000 Chassis

I have two domain groups to add to my OA configuration giving the one group Administrator rights and the other "user" rights. I can login as a user in group 1 (Admins) w/o issue but if I try to use a user account in group 2 (Users) it won't log me in. Even tried making both groups Admins and it says invalid username or password. Confirmed the p/w several times. Group 1 (Admins) has a very simplistic name (ServerAdmins) but group 2(Users) has a more complicated name (XX_XXX_XXXX-hp-mon-prod) Are there issues with the "_" or "-" in the name? Also verified LDAP settings are correct and group is created in correct domain/OU.
2 REPLIES 2
Tiwari_A
Advisor

HI Steve,
There is no mention of any constraint not to use "-" or "_", but as you mentioned users only in the "users" group are not able to login. (hope you have tried moving that user to administrators group and tried to eleiminate issue with group naming) I would suggest opting for a simple group name - which should match with Diretory groups in OA and try.

As per wite papers-
Group Name : 1 to 255 characters and contains the same characters as search contexts. The group name is used to determine LDAP users' group membership. The group name must match one of the following five properties of a directory group: the name, distinguished name, common name, Display Name, or SAM Account Name.

Hope it helps.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

The underscore character "_" is specifically disallowed in hostnames and URLs. While it may have worked with you in some usages, when you start interacting via web services (such as OA uses), the syntax gets embedded within URLs which is what causes it to fail.