1745793 Members
4033 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Editing the HP c7000 Enclosure configuration script

Chris Bissen
Occasional Advisor

Editing the HP c7000 Enclosure configuration script

I am going to be deploying (6) c7000 chassis in the very near future and I would like to know how I can edit the HP Enclosure Configuration script outside of the OA. In other words, is that script editable in notepad or some other editing app?

Thanks.
9 REPLIES 9
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

Re: Editing the HP c7000 Enclosure configuration script

yes it is. It's just plain text.
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
Chris Bissen
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Jarkko. Now the same question for the VC-Ethernet Modules. Is there a way to pull the VC Domain configuration down and edit it via the VC Manager or CLI?
cjb_1
Trusted Contributor

VC is more complicated and the backup isnt plain text.
Remember, for most deployments, each enclosure will need its own set of WWN and MAC addresses and profiles configured per enclosure.
Are you planning on using Virtual Connect Enterprise Manager?
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Scripting the Virtual Config is a better option than editing the config file.

Or using VCEM allows you to configure one VC and then import other enclosures with the same config.
Chris Bissen
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the responses. I have one last question. Can I configure the Chassis and VC's if no network is available yet? Can I use a Cross-x cable hooked up to the Primary OA and configure it that way via my IE browser?
UK-Blr
Frequent Advisor

Yes.. definitely possible.

You can keep your enclosure and VC ready, even before the Network team provides connectivity links.

Provided you are very sure on the uplink part, that how you are going to provide uplinks (trunking, vlan tagging, SAN connectivity, etc etc).

A good consultation and concrete plan with network team and storage team before design is essential.

Chris Bissen
Occasional Advisor

Udaykumar - Thanks for your response. Yes, the Network Team has completed a design for uplink ports as well as what VLANS will be present to the Chassis. And the SAN Team is putting in a brand new HP Array. So, the SAN fabric is being designed as we speak. Since; I am flying to customer site I am under the gun to get my piece complete which is to stand up the c7000 chassis and VC Domains as well as all firmware updates. I did a little readup on connecting to the c7000 chassis via the service port. I have never had the opportunity to configure the chassis in this fashion before so it is new to me. I believe the OA's will be interlinked via the interlink ports with an RJ45 cable, not sure on this...So, I was wondering if they are interlinked can I configure all the OA's with one configuration file as long as the file has the proper information for each chassis and OA, (I.E. EBIPA, etc)?

Thanks.
UK-Blr
Frequent Advisor

Yes this can be done via add and set commands available for OA and VC via a telent or ssh connection using the crossover cable initially.

Once everything works, just change the IP range and enclosure name, VC domain name etc and copy paste the commands.. You are done.
Chris Bissen
Occasional Advisor

Udaykumar - Again thanks for the speedy response. Can you elaborate on getting to the VC-Ethernet Modules via the service port? I thought that was not possible when connected to the service port because of the private net? Also, can you elaborate putting OA commands in with VC commands, is that possible? Or do they have to be in seperate configuration files?

Thanks,

Chris