cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedded ISCSI config

srussell
Advisor

Embedded ISCSI config

Has anyone managed to successfully configure ISCSI on a BL685c G6 server?
I have a case open at the moment with HP support but so far no resolution.
I have a BL685c server with HP NC532i adapter. Two of the ports are configured as the primary NIC teaming and the other two are configured as ISCSI but are not teamed. I have a license installed for Accelerated ISCI (a requirement for the 532i) and I have MS ISCSI initiator and all necessary patches configured and in place. Here is my issue...
On its own the NIC teaming works well ie. I configure it with a static IP, gateway, mask and dns etc. When I enable and set the other two ports to iscsi I am instructed by the NCU to restart the server so the changes in the NCU are observed. After a restart all the connections IP configurations are erased and all connections are now showing to manage by DHCP. As well upon restart the iscsi connections show limited connectivity since they have lost their IP config and now have MS private IP addressing. Each time I reconfigure each connection with the static IP config it had before the configuration is lost after a restart.
Also as soon as I make a connection in the initiator to the target LUN the server crashes and the debug file states inconclusive findings.
If anyone has successfully configured iscsi on this embedded adapter please share how you have accomplished this.
Thanks