1748092 Members
5721 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Enable NIC 2 in BL460C G1

Mariano Fons

Enable NIC 2 in BL460C G1

Hi all,
I trying to enable NIC 2 in my blade but I don't know how to do it.
I can enable/disable PXE boot but I can't enable the "whole" NIC.
In BIOS, when I list PCI embedded devices, only one NIC is listed, and in the "PCI Devices" list the NIC2 appears as DISABLED.
I've restored default settings with no success.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanx.

M.
6 REPLIES 6
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Mariano,
What type of enclosure do you have??

If it is a c7000, then there must be an Ethernet module of some type in Interconnect Bay 2.

(NIC Port 2 maps to IC Bay 2)

Dave.
Mariano Fons

Hi Dave,
yes this is a c7000 enclousure.
I have 16 blades in the enclousure and everyone works without problems.
My scenario is as follows:
My first 5 blades have 2 embedded nics conected to a two GbE2c ethernet switch, NIC1 to one and NIC2 to the other one. Also, these 5 blades have a mezzanine card in slot1 that brings the blades another 4 ethernet ports conected to a HP 1GB ethernet pass-thru module (these ports are not used)
Next 5 blades have 2 embedded ethernet conected to the two GbE2c ethernet switch like first 5 blades. Also they have a mezzanine FC card in slot2 that works OK too.
Finally que other 8 blades have the two embedded nic's only.
I hope you understand my english...

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

if your in RBSU under the "PCI Devices" heading and the NIC is listed as disabled, you need to cursor down and highlight the NIC entry and press enter. You should then be given a few choices of what IRQ to assign to the NIC, or disable the NIC. Select one of the IRQ's and you should then be able to use the NIC

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Mariano Fons

Hi Jimmy, I didn't explain ok in the first post. When I look at the "PCI Devices" the NIC2 isn't there, there is only one nic that I can assign an IRQ or disable but only one, when in fact, there are two NICs.
Where I see NIC2 disabled is in que system summary.
I attached a JPG in first post.
Mariano Fons

I've attached my pci devices list. Only one NIC is shown.
czytom

Hi,

I've the same problem on one of my blade machines (bl460c quad core). I've tried a lot of things from downgrading to restoring default settings wothout any success. As I tried to downgrade firmware on embedded NIC's all I can do is downgrade only first NIC, second NIC doesn't  show up