1751959 Members
5746 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Enclosure Interlink NICs

Steve A.
Occasional Contributor

Enclosure Interlink NICs

My company has a number of C-Class enclosures loaded with BL460c blades. Is it my understanding that the Enclosure Interlink NICs on the rear of the unit will allow management to all connected enclosures from one screen? Can anyone point me to some resources on how to configure these?
7 REPLIES 7
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

refer to page 7 it shows the rear Down link and up link locations.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00698534/c00698534.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN
Page 52 in the below Doc.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00698286/c00698286.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

When you connect the cable from Enc1 to Enc2 make sure you connect from Down to Up or Up to Down.

Yes you are right if all the OA's are in the same network you can login to All the OA at once.

If the enclosures are linked they will show up in the Login page and you can select them and Login.

Regards,
Raghuarch
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

You're using C7000 or C3000 enclosures?
In the C7000, there's 2 ports between the two OA bays, one is labeled with a UP arrow and the other with the DOWN arrow. The UP port must be connected to the enclosure above this one, and the DOWN port to the one below.
This way, connecting to one of the Onboard Administrators, you can see all the enclosures. The UP port of the topmost enclosure is also available, with an address 169.254.xxx.xxx so you can connect locally from a laptop, for example.
In the C3000 enclosures, the interconnect ports are on the right, above power supplies.
Steve A.
Occasional Contributor

Thanks folks.
-The link LEDs are green so I know I've got a good link.
-The OA IP settings are on the same 10.1.x.x /24 network.
-Gateway and DNS are identical.

I know I'm missing something basic here. Still not seeing the other enclosure.

This is a c7000 class.
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

Hi,
Check OA FW levels.
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Configuration errors can occur if the interconnect modules are installed in the wrong bays or if mezzanine cards are installed in the wrong connectors in the server blade. Configuration errors can occur on server blades and interconnect modules.

To correct a configuration error:
1. Use the arrow buttons to navigate to "Fix This", and press OK.
2. Review and complete the corrective action suggested by the Insight Display. Depending on the error received, do one of the following:
* Remove the indicated interconnect module and install it into the correct bay (the Insight Display indicates the correct bay).
* Remove the server blade to correct the mezzanine card installation (the Insight Display will indicate the correct bay).

Regards.
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Please refer to the attachment it shows the connections for 3 enclosures interlinked.

NOTE: If you have more then 7 enclosures connected it won't show up.
maximum interlink is 7.

Regards,
Raghuarch
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

You can interconnect c3000 and c7000 it works fine.
Make sure you don't have more then 7 enclosures interlinked.

Regards,
Raghuarch